Villa Pillo is a traditional Tuscan Farm, founded in Medieval Times, mentioned in many historical documents. It is located in the heart of the Chianti area, equidistant from the Cities of Pisa, Florence and Siena. From Etruscan times an area through which Trade and Pilgrim routes were established and which formed the ” Via Francigena”. The nearby towns of San Gimignano.
The estate of 500 Hectares was purchased in 1989 by John and Kathe Dy. whose love of Tuscany led them to embark on a restoration of the Estate which included the Palladian Villa and Park built by the original owner, the Marchese Incontri in the 1700’s. New Vineyards and Olive Orchards were planted and the Winery re-furbished and modernized.Currently 40 Hectares of Vineyards have been planted, positioned on the best sites of the estate to benefit from soil types and aspect.