2011 Brunello is much
more round and approachable than previous vintages. This
phenomenal wine is vinified in 50hl oak casks, which are filled by gravity flow,
in order to optimize varietal selection.
After maceration on the skins for 3 weeks, it is aged for 24 months in
French oak barrels, and refined for at least 18 months in bottle. It has an ample and complex bouquet with huge notes of ripe red
berry fruits and plum, perfectly balanced with the spice from the long aging in
the oak. Aging is also responsible for its good structure with soft ripe
tannins, its full-body, and its persistence.
"Everyone is going to like drinking 2011 Brunello di Montalcino. They
are, for the most part, fruity and delicious reds with lots of ripe fruit and
soft and juicy tannins. They remind me of the very drinkable and forward 2000s,
2003s and 2005s".
Suckling: 92 Point Tannico: 93/100
- Production Area: Montalcino
- Soil: Clay Mix, very rich in skeleton Density: 8000 to 20000 Stocks per Hectare
- Culture: Sustainable Cultural Practices
- Training System: Monolateral Spurred Cordon Clearing Out of Unripe Grapes in July-Agust Grapes entirely Hand Harvested, Hand Sorting on The Vine,followed by meticulous selection of best fruit on the sorting table
- Vinification: In 50hl Oak Casks to Optimize by parcellar selection, Casks are filled by gravity flow, fermented at 30-32 Celsius, Maceration on the skins for 3 weeks Ageing:24 Months French Oak Barrels followed by 18 Months Minimum of Bottle Refining
- Varietal: 100% Sangiovese
- Color: Deep Ruby Red with Hints of Garnet
- Fragrance: Intense and elegant with notes of black fruits and spices
- Taste:Great Structure Spicy, Fruity, Very Long Finish