The Monsupello estate
established its roots more than a century ago, in 1893, when the Boatti
family looks after its own vineyards in Cà del Tava, within in the
municipality of Oliva Gessi.
In 1914, the Boatti bought another farm known as "Podere La
Borla" which is nearby, in the municipality of Torricella Verzate. Here
is where the cellar was built, the same one that now has been
upgraded and modernized in order to maximize the vinification of grapes
produced from the original estates and the ones that have been purchased
throughout the years.
In 1959, Carlo Boatti, further developed the estate by acquiring new properties in the municipalities of Casteggio,
Redavalle and Pietra de’ Giorgi, re-defining the whole structure
with the introduction of new grape varieties. With the new cellar structure which allowed them to begin producing, bottling and storing the wines in a more modern way, Monsupello moved into the position of producing notable Methodo Classico wines in the Lombardia region. Nowadays Monsupello is run by the heirs of
Carlo, his wife Carla and sons Pierangelo and Laura Boatti, along
with a trained technical staff in the vineyard and winery co-ordinated
by the oenologist Marco Bertelegni.