Home > Varietals > Cesanese
Cesanese is a grape variety used to make red wines in Italy's Lazio Region.
Cesanese covers a lot of the hilly land to the south of Rome, on high hillsides that overlook the Sacco and Aniene river valleys below. The variety comes in two distinct types – the large-berried Cesanese Comune and the less widespread Cesanese di Affile. The two are united in both Cesanese del Piglio DOCG wines and Cesanese di Olevano Romano DOC wines, and Cesanese di Affile – considered the superior of the two – has its own Cesanese di Affile DOC title.
Sort By:
Castello di Torre in Pietra Terre di Breccia Lazio Rosso 2009 Castello di Torre in Pietra Terre di Breccia Lazio Rosso

Producer: Castello di Torre in Pietra
Vintage: 2009
Region: Lazio
Varietal: Cesanese, Montepulciano, Sangiovese
Color: Red

Our Price: $18.99
2013 Cantina Castello di Torre in Pietra Roma Rosso DOC 2013 Cantina Castello di Torre in Pietra Roma Rosso DOC

Producer: Castello di Torre in Pietra
Vintage: 2013
Region: Lazio
Varietal: Montepulciano (50%), Cesanese (35%), Sangiovese (15%)
Color: Red

Our Price: $18.99
2014 Cesanese DOCG Tenuta della Ioria 2015 Cesanese DOCG Tenuta della Ioria


Producer Casale della Iori
Varietals Cesanese
Region Lazio
Vintage 2014
Red wine

Our Price: $24.99

(1)
   
 
The Cesanese del Piglio DOC and Cesanese del Piglio DOCG area covers the communes of Piglio, Serrone, Acuto, Anagni and Paliano. The regulation includes two types of wine, Cesanese del Piglio and Cesanese del Piglio Superiore, which must be made from at least 90% Cesanese grapes (both Cesanese di Affile and Cesanese Commune are permitted) .The remaining 10% can consist of any of the other permitted red grapes of Lazio but is usually Sangiovese.
Cesanese Grapes

Wines made from the Cesanese grape are medium bodied with soft tannins, typically will have rich, ripe cherry flavors, floral characters and a touch of red pepper, earthy undertones of black olives and underwood complimented by brisk acidity.
Loading...