Home > Producer > Cantina Convento Muri-Gries

Wine, with its restorative and healing powers – in the right measure – has since time immemorial been a drink that forms an integral part of our way of life. It is no coincidence that the monasteries of central and southern Europe were significant in the spread of European winegrowing.

The monastery of Muri-Gries has followed this tradition since its foundation in the 11th century. They are committed to the most careful possible cultivation of the wine estates that have for centuries been entrusted to the monastery. The Muri-Gries monastery cellar concentrates on manageable self-production: from its own vineyards to the historic monastery cellar, from the barrel to the bottle, that is the primary aim.

Modern cellaring techniques combine harmoniously with the old monastery walls. An old collegiate church is home to the fermentation cellar, the so-called “Ansetz”, along with the stainless steel tanks for storing the wine. The old castle cellar, dating from the 12th century, houses the large wooden barrels and the barriques. Careful processing, traditional working methods and the application of state-of-the-art cellaring techniques, while avoiding unnecessary tricks, are just some of the fundamental principles of the Muri-Gries winemaking philosophy.

Today Muri-Gries is a classic red wine producer, with reds accounting for 85% of production, with 15% whites. Among the reds, Lagrein clearly dominates with a share of 80%. The remaining 20% is shared between other varieties such as Vernatsch, St. Magdalener, Kalterersee Auslese, Blauburgunder (Pinot Nero) and Rosenmuskateller (Moscato Rosa). The red wines ferment at controlled temperatures in stainless steel barrels and are aged in both stainless steel barrels and large wooden casks. The Abtei Line is 100% aged in wooden barrels, mainly in barriques.

For more information about Muri-Gries, visit their website here.
Sort By:
Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Pinot Grigio 2015 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Pinot Grigio

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2015
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Pinot Grigio (100%)
Color: White

Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Lagrein 2015 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Lagrein

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2012
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Lagrein (100%)
Color: Red

Our Price: 19.99
2015 Blauburgunder DOC Muri Gries 2015 Blauburgunder Pinot Noir DOC Muri Gries

2015 Blauburgunder DOC
Producer Cantina Convento Muri-Gries
Variety Pinot Nero ,Pinot Noir
Region Trentino / Alto Adige

Our Price: 19.99
Cantina Convento Muri Gries Moscato Rosa 2009 Cantina Convento Muri Gries Moscato Rosa (375ml)

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2009
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Rosenmuskateller (100%)
Color: Red

Our Price: 32.99
2014 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Weiss Bianco 2014 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Weiss Bianco

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2012
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Pinot Bianco (70%) Pinot Grigio (30%)
Color: White

Our Price: 32.99
Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Sudtirol Lagrein Riserva 2011 2011 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Sudtirol Lagrein Riserva

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri-Gries
Vintage: 2010
Region: Trentino-Alto Adige
Sub-Region: Sudtirol
Varietal: Lagrein
Color: Red

Our Price: 47.99
2004 Pinot Nero Riserva convento Muri Gries 2004 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Pinot Nero Riserva (Pinot Noir)

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2004
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Pinot Nero (Pinot Noir) (100%)
Color: Red

Our Price: 91.99
Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Lagrein 2004 Cantina Convento Muri-Gries Abtei Muri Lagrein Riserva

Producer: Cantina Convento Muri Gries
Vintage: 2004
Region: Alto Adige DOC
Varietal: Lagrein (100%)
Color: Red

Our Price: 92.00
   
 
Loading...